Monday 12 January 2015

Lasange

Happy New Year, this year I have set myself a new years resolution to post more regularly on here, so lets hope I keep it up!

Do you ever have one of those days where you want to cook, but kind of can’t really be bothered?? Sounds strange but that is how I usually feel, so on those days I like to not really follow a recipe and use up what is in the fridge.

My Gran always makes the most amazing tasting lasagne I have ever tasted, and I thought I would give it a go. We already had some left over mushrooms and peppers in the fridge, so I added one onion to that to form a base. To make a good lasagne filling I use tinned chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic puree and the secret ingredient... marmite. Even if you don’t like marmite add 1 tsp-2 tsp and it will give your filling a delicious salty, sticky, savoury flavour that is to die for.

When I was first diagnosed with ceoliac disease the nurses told me that I could not eat quorn products, this was slightly depressing as my whole family is vegetarian (apart from me) and they ate it a lot, so I would have to cook separate meals for myself. But recently when I was looking through the freezer I read the back of the quorn mince packet and low and behold...I CAN EAT IT!!! This made me slightly too happy as it meant less faffing.

Thanks to my new discovery I added quorn mince to the mixture along with the vegetables. The gluten free lasagne sheets I used did not need pre-cooked so I could just build it without them being part cooked.

Finally, the topping. This has to be my favourite part, my Gran uses Boursin for her sometimes, but I decided to use some garlic and herb Philadelphia and a little grated cheese.



I guarantee any left over veg will make a great lasagne and you should definitely try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment